Thursday, November 15, 2007

First Trip to the Doctor




We had our first appointment with Dr. Claudia Krasnoff this morning. We are proud to report that she delivered Daniel(son of our friends Jill and David) and is on the teaching staff at Washington University, which makes Jason very happy. His profession makes him somewhat of a healthcare snob. She did an ultrasound to make sure all was well and to get a measurement of the baby for a more accurate due date, July 6th. She told us that everything looks perfect and we could see the heart beating on our little coffee bean sized baby we will lovingly call Nuni(a tribute to one of favorite SNL skits) until we pick out an official name. After the ultrasound we spent some time in Dr. Krasnoff's office going over the rules of the road and filling out some paperwork. We are going to switch my prenatal vitamin to one of the new fancy ones with all natural omega-3 DHA, since I am not a fan of the fruits of the sea(seafood) I was glad to know that I would not have to attempt to choke down the recommended allowance of fish each week. Jason found much relief in knowing that there is in fact ONLY one baby hanging out in the womb, my body was also quite relieved.


Above are the pictures of Nuni, and one of those zigzags is the beating heart.
I guess we have some fascinating development to catch up on, here are the highlights from this week.
  • Nuni now has it second set of non-functional kidneys, the third and final set will come tomorrow(no wonder I have been so tired two sets of kidneys in one week, phew!)
  • The arms are like paddles still and the tail has diminished and leg buds are forming.
  • A week from now, the baby will double in size
  • Ribs started to form yesterday



No comments: