As most of you know, I went to see Dr. K last week and my blood pressure was unusually high. She sent me straight to the labor and delivery department at Missouri Baptist for observation. After some time there, the pressure was back to normal so they sent me home with instructions to begin a 24 hour urine test in the morning and to stay off my feet.
I went to see Dr. K again on Monday, and the tests that she had performed showed that I was not showing any signs of preeclampsia which was a relief. However, the blood pressure is still high. She put me on some medication to help lower the blood pressure, and sent me home with the expectation that I will be on modified bed rest until Baby Wilson joins us.
We are headed back to the Wash U Women's Center tomorrow for an ultrasound to make sure that the baby is not feeling any negative effects of the high blood pressure.
We go back to see the Dr. on Monday, so we are hoping for a more reasonable blood pressure this time.
Meanwhile, I will be hanging out at the house laying around. I am able to work from home, which is a blessing since my maternity leave would begin right now otherwise. Every day I can work from home is another day I will get to spend with Baby Wilson after he is born.
Thanks to everyone that has been checking up on me and offering to help out, we really appreciate the sentiment.
Let's hope for some positive new tomorrow, at least we will get to see what Baby looks like these days.
No comments:
Post a Comment