Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Look Dad...no tube


Hayden has his feeding tube removed this morning since he is now eating between 45-55 ml at each feeding. He looks so much cuter without all of that stuff attached to him. He has continued to eat like a champ, but he is still having some trouble controlling his temperature. We are hoping that he is out of his temperature controlled environment and into a big boy crib by tomorrow, but we will have to wait and see.
Last night was bath night, so daddy got his first shot at giving him a bath. He did a very thorough job, and Hayden much appreciated the lotion after it was all done.
Dr. Baer, the pediatrician, stopped by to let me know that she very cautiously thinks he may get to go home some time this weekend. We don't want to rush him, but we sure would like to get him home.
I have been officially discharged from the hospital, but they are letting me stay in my room today so that I can be around to feed him every 3 hours. I will probably go home this evening and start to get a few things done around the house in anticipation of his homecoming, but still try to make several of his feedings for the rest of the week. I am not sure how much more hospital food I can handle ;-)

No comments: