I went to the Dr. on Thursday. We listened to the baby's heartbeat for the first time. Dr. says it sounds normal and was beating between 160-170 beats per minute while we were listening. Dr. seems to think baby may have been doing some cardio, maybe he/she will be an athlete like daddy ;-) Other than that, the visit was pretty uneventful. I got some paperwork to get my blood drawn again next week. This time they are running a test to check for our risk of Down Syndrome. Some computer geek wrote a program that takes some of the measurements from my blood along with my age and spits out a risk. What would we do without computer geeks? If our risk is high they will pay special attention during our ultrasound next month. Since the office was slow, I got all of the rest of my appointments scheduled. They are all on the same day of the week at the same time, which makes it easy for newly forgetful Amy. Since they are all on Thursday, I will have to skip out of my weekly team meeting early. About a year ago, that would have been a huge blessing, but I actually enjoy my team meetings on my new team.
We are still awaiting the arrival of Baby Madison. This week's Dr. visit showed some progression, almost 2 centimeters. Thank goodness she decided to wait...Mommy and Daddy needed those extra weeks to get Madison's new room ready in her new house. I think Vicki has been working her magic with the decorations, we can't wait to see it.
No comments:
Post a Comment