Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hudson Lee Wilson!!!

We welcomed Hudson Lee to the Wilson family on 4/17/12 at 4:53pm.  He weighed 6 lbs 12 oz and was 19 3/4 inches long.  At my 36 week appointment my Dr. sent me to Labor & Delivery to be monitored and tested for signs of pre-eclampsia.  I rushed home and grabbed my hospital bag and camera because the Dr. mentioned something about having the baby that day if necessary...what??!!??  I had pre-e with Hayden, but it started at 29 weeks and I was on bedrest for 4 weeks before he was born at 33 weeks.  I checked into the hospital around 10:30am and was sent to triage.  The baby looked great on the monitor and my test for pre-e came back negative.  The nurse had started preparing me to go home and to come back the following day for more tests.  While she was waiting for my Dr. to say I could leave, I started having a lot of contractions.  They tried fluids and medication to stop the contractions, but it seemed as though I was in labor.  Thankfully, after several updates from me, Jason had decided to leave work and head to the hospital just in case.  About 30 mins after he got there, the nurse came in at 3:00pm and told us that my Dr. had booked the OR for 4pm for my C-section.    The surgery nurse came in a few minutes later and started prepping me for surgery while Jason and I scrambled to make sure that Aunt Mimi had a car seat and could pick up Hayden from school.  Hudson was born at 4:53pm, was evaluated by the NICU staff and seemed to be doing great.  He went with me to the recovery room where the nurses kept a close eye on him and me(since I did end up with pre-eclampsia anyway).  He was doing great until the early morning when he had a very low glucose test and our pediatrician decided it was best for him to spend some time in the NICU to make sure his glucose levels were getting better.  We were able to keep him with us long enough for Hayden to come and meet him and then he was off the NICU.  It was all too familiar:  the cracking of my huge swollen legs as we made the trip back and forth to the nursery for feedings, much of the same staff in the NICU and the looming threat of having to leave our baby at the hospital again.  Good news came the very next morning.  When I went to feed Hudson, his glucose levels were much better and he was going to be released from the NICU and back in my room with me within the hour.  The rest of our hospital stay was uneventful and pleasant and we came home a day early on Friday, April 20th. 


Hayden was so excited to meet his brother!








No comments: